The app uses different types of accounts to manage tasks:
- Tasks added to Local Account are stored only on device. Using Local Account doesn't require any registration and can be used straight away. Tasks in Local Account can't be synchronized between devices
- With Google Account master copy of tasks is stored on Google servers and can be accessed and modified online from Gmail or using direct link: http://mail.google.com/tasks. The app can have multiple Google Accounts.
Adding Google Account
- From Settings screen. To access Settings screen look for a “gear” icon on the bottom bar in the app
- From Accounts screen. Accounts screen is the most “left” page in hierarchy.
Each Account can have multiple Lists. List is a collection of Tasks.
- To Create List tap Edit button on the page with your lists, then tap the “+” button.
- To Edit List tap Edit button, then tap on desired list.
- To Reorder lists tap Edit Button, then move rows using three bars icon on the right side.
- To Delete List tap and hold on it, then choose Delete.
- To Share List tap and hold on it, then choose Share.
In addition to user created lists the app adds special lists:
- “All Tasks” List contains tasks from all lists inside account.
- “Completed” List conatins completed and cleared tasks. To restore Task uncheck it.
- “Trash” List contains deleted tasks. To restore Task uncheck it.
- To Create Task tap the “+” button to add it to the top of the list or tap, hold and drag “+” button to add task to the middle of the list.
- To Edit Task double tap on it to edit its title right in the list. Tap on Task to see and edit tasks details (text, date and alarm).
- To Indent Task swipe to the left or to the right on it. You can indent only when your list is manually sorted.
- To Reorder tasks hold on the “three bars” icon on the right side, then drag Task to the desired destination.
- To Delete Task tap and hold on it, wait for menu to appear, then choose Delete. Task will be moved to Trash list.
- To Share Task tap and hold on it, then choose Share.
Settings can be accessed from Accounts and Lists screens. Tap on Gear icon to open Settings.
Badge is a number in red (or blue) circle. Application badge is showing on the application icon. List badges are showing on each list.
With “Auto Alert” setting turned on default alert will be assigned to each task with valid due date, except tasks for which alert was manually set.
If enabled, Indent bar will be shown above the keyboard when you edit your tasks on the tasks list page.
If enabled, application will sync your data to Google servers only when you tap sync button.