Google Tasks can be found online on http://mail.google.com/tasks
The most high level structure is Account. The app always has Local Account and any number of accounts connected to Google Tasks can be added in addition.
Account can contain any number of Lists. List is a collection of tasks.
To add Google account open Accounts page. It is the most “left” page in hierarchy. Tap Edit button in the top right corner of the page. Then tap “Add Google Account” row.
You can connect Google Account with the app in two ways:
- OAuth is an authentication protocol which allows users to approve application to act on their behalf without sharing their password. During login process user approve access to Tasks service and this access can be revoked any time on Google Account settings page. OAuth is the recommended authorization method.
- Using Login and Password authorization your credentials will be securely stored in the device’s keychain. In case of using 2-factor authentication you should enter application specific password, which you can generate on your Google Account settings page.
To Edit / Delete Account tap Edit button in the top right corner of Accounts page, then tap on desired account.
To access Lists tap on desired account.
If you prefer to keep all your data on your device use Local Account. All data inside it is stored only on your device.
Most likely you already have one or more lists in Account. Let’s see what you can do with List:
- To Create List tap Edit button on the page with your lists, then tap the “+” button.
- To Edit List tap Edit button, then tap on desired list.
- To Reorder lists tap Edit Button, then move rows using three bars icon on the right side.
- To Delete List tap and hold on it, then choose Delete.
- To Email List tap and hold on it, then choose Share.
In addition to user created lists the app adds special lists:
- “All Tasks” List contains tasks from all lists inside account.
- “Completed” List conatins completed and cleared tasks. To restore Task uncheck it.
- “Trash” List contains deleted tasks. To restore Task uncheck it.
- To Create Task tap the “+” button to add it to the top of the list or tap, hold and drag “+” button to add task to the middle of the list.
- To Edit Task double tap on it to edit its title right in the list. Tap on Task to see and edit tasks details (text, date and alarm).
- To Indent Task swipe to the left or to the right on it. You can indent only when your list is manually sorted.
- To Reorder tasks hold on the “three bars” icon on the right side, then drag Task to the desired destination.
- To Delete Task tap and hold on it, wait for menu to appear, then choose Delete. Task will be moved to Trash list.
- To Email Task tap and hold on it, then choose Share.
Settings can be accessed from Accounts and Lists pages. Tap on Gear icon to open Settings.
Badge is a number in red (or blue) circle. Application badge is showing on the application icon. List badges are showing on each list.
With “Auto Alert” setting turned on default alert will be assigned to each task with valid due date, except tasks for which alert was manually set.
If enabled, Indent bar will be shown above the keyboard when you edit your tasks on the tasks list page.
If enabled, application will sync your data to Google servers only when you tap sync button.